August 06, 2023


Falcon Motors Corp. (1927-1929)

Elyria, Ohio

This is a Falcon-Knight radiator emblem (1927-1929)     mjs
Size: 47mm diameter    MM: None

The Falcon-Knight was introduced in 1927 to serve as a companion car to bridge a marketing gap between the Whippet and the Willys-Knight (see Willys Knight/Willys).

The Falcon-Knight was powered by a 45 hp six-cylinder Knight sleeve-valve engine and was offered in a range of body types. The first Falcon-Knights were well received. Sales started well in 1927 but did not meet expectations and by the end of 1928 Falcon-Knight production ceased. A few remaining cars were assembled from parts on hand at the start of 1929.


The Falcon-Knight was introduced in advertisements appearing in 1926 which featured the radiator emblem design, see example shown below:

Falcon-Knight ad showing rad emblem (1926) ebay

This is the black enamel Falcon-Knight radiator emblem shown above at the top of this post. This Falcon-Knight radiator emblem is scarce.

Some Falcon-Knight models also carried a Falcon-Knight script mounted on the radiator core, see example on a surviving Falcon-Knight touring model shown below:

Falcon-Knight tourer with radiator script (1927)  studio 434

The following black painted Falcon-Knight emblem was one of a pair of such emblems mounted at each side of the instrument panel on some models:

This is a Falcon-Knight instrument panel emblem (1928-1929)     mjs
Size: 52mm wide 50mm high    MM: None

The following Bakelite emblem is a Falcon-Knight horn button. This Falcon-Knight horn button emblem is scarce.

This is a Falcon-Knight horn button emblem (1928-1929)    mjs
Size: 59mm diameter   MM: None

The following emblem is often seen in early emblem collections. It is a Falcon-Knight hub face emblem.

This is a Falcon-Knight hub face emblem (1927-1929)     mjs
Size: 62mm diameter     MM: A.G.M.Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment