Dixon Motor Truck Co. (1921-1929)
|This Dixon truck radiator emblem was also used as a hood side emblem (1920's) sam|
Size: 262mm wide 117mm high MM: None
The Dixon Motor Truck Company was based in Altoona, Pennsylvania and produced a range of commercial vehicles. The first Dixon trucks used four-cylinder engines and worm drive. Six-cylinder models were introduced in 1927 and were fitted with bevel gear drive and pneumatic tires.
|This is a Dixon truck radiator top (date unknown) thumpr455|
The following example has more closely spaced letters in the "Dixon" name cast into the top of a 1923 Dixon truck radiator:
|This shows the Dixon name cast in the radiator top (1923) dbc|
The Dixon name was also displayed on nameplates attached to both sides of the hood, see example above at the top of this post. This Dixon nameplate is extremely rare.
|This shows "Dixon Bros" painted on the driver's cab door (1923) dbc|
A poor quality photo of a 1928 Dixon dump truck with a rounded hood, shows a Dixon nameplate, similar to that shown above at the top of this post, attached to the radiator tank top as an emblem. It is highly likely that the same emblem was used as a radiator emblem for the lighter range of Dixon trucks and delivery vehicles.