Woods Motor Vehicle Co. (1899-1916)
|This is a Woods Electric hub emblem (c1910) mjs|
Size: 1-3/4in diameter
The Woods Motor Vehicle Company was established in 1899 in Chicago and obtained the rights to the electric vehicle patents of Charles E Woods in order to compete with the Electric Vehicle Company of New York. However, the company was in receivership in 1901 after building some electric delivery wagons and a fleet of hansom cabs operating in Chicago but only one or two passenger cars.
The "Woods" name was also shown on the step plate in early Woods Electric vehicles, see example below:
|This is a Woods Electric step plate (1906) kam|