October 12, 2020

SHERIDAN

Sheridan Motor Car Co. (1920-1921)

Muncie, Indiana


This is a Sheridan radiator emblem (1920-1921)     mjs
Size: 69mm high 44mm wide    MM: D L Auld

The Sheridan Motor Car Company was set up in 1920 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Motors with production taking place at the former Inter-State car plant in Muncie, Indiana. The Sheridan was a 35 hp four-cylinder car offered in four body styles and was introduced in 1921. Only a few Sheridan cars were produced. An eight-cylinder model was planned but only pilot models were built.

In 1921 the Sheridan company was sold to Billy Durant after he had departed from General Motors for the last time. Sheridan production continued until August 1921 when Billy Durant scrapped the Sheridan and used the Muncie factory to build part of his new range of Durant cars.

Emblem

The Sheridan radiator emblem shown above is very rare.

No comments:

Post a comment