Reo Motor Car Co. (1911)
|This is an R-O radiator emblem (1911) mjs|
Size: 55mm diameter MM: None
The Owen Motor Car Company had been established in January 1910 by Ralph R Owen and others for the production of the Owen, which was a 50 hp four-cylinder motor car to be offered in touring, close-coupled, runabout and limousine body styles.
Manufacture of the Owen began in Detroit but there were problems and, later in 1910, the business was sold to Reo. Reo built 35 Owen cars in their Lansing works from parts on hand and sold 31 of them but it was uneconomic and, in 1911, Reo decided to stop production.
Ralph Owen decided to personally market some of the remaining few cars with a new emblem, using the name R-O based on his initials.